Mobile Notary Service – I come to you
“I am a highly experienced notary public. I provide a full range of notarial services including (where required), legalisation of documents at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and/or relevant embassies. I can arrange legalisation and consular verification where appropriate. The most frequent documents needing to be notarised on behalf of companies and individuals are Powers of Attorney; closely followed by making certified copies of various certificates. For example: certified copy passport and certified copies of academic certificates.”
Typical Stages of a notarial transaction:
Each notarial matter is different, and the timescales will vary greatly according to various factors and in particular the processing times of third parties such as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office, Embassies, translation firms, couriers, etc. Some of the typical stages are likely to include:
- Receiving and reviewing the documents to be notarised together with any instructions you may have received
- Liaising with your legal advisors or other bodies to obtain the necessary documentation to deal with the document (e.g., information from Companies House or foreign registries)
- Checking the identity, capacity and authority of the person who is to sign the document
- If a document is to be certified, checking with the issuing authorities that the document/award is genuine. In the case of academic awards, this would entail checking with the appropriate academic institutions
- Meeting with the signatory to verify their identity and to ascertain that they understand what they are signing and that they are doing so of their own free will and ensuring that the document is executed correctly
- Drafting and affixing or endorsing a notarial certificate to the document
- Arranging for the legalisation of the document as appropriate
- Arranging for the storage of copies of all notarised documents
Notary services ‘out of hours’
Please contact me for weekend and evening appointments. I will come to you or we can arrange a mutually convenient location. Please contact me by telephone or email.
Short notice meetings
I appreciate that notarial work tends to be urgent and am happy to fix appointments at very short notice, subject to availability.