Notaries Public play an important legal role in Scottish life where the legal validity of a document requires the swearing of an oath or certification as a true copy. Only solicitors in possession of a practicing certificate can act as Notaries in Scotland.
Mike Ramsay offers a full range of competitively priced Notary services. Estimated fees are given over the phone or by email. “I am available at short notice; Saturday morning appointments are possible, and I can travel to you”.
Documents we notarise
At Ramsay & Co we notarise a range of documents:
- Irish Citizenship
We regularly notarise documents for people claiming Irish Citizenship. You may be eligible to do this if a grandparent was born on the Island of Ireland see main website for more information.
- Notary Services for Hong Kong Residents Relocating to Scotland
- Permission for children to travel abroad
- Property Transfer Documents as well as Contracts, Declarations of Solvency
- Oaths and Affidavits
- Immigration or sponsorship forms
- Certified copies of passports and translations
- Cross border private agreements
- Educational Qualifications
Notary, Mike Ramsay is part of Ramsay & Co, Solicitors; a law practice based in the North of Glasgow.
The firm can advise in relation to:
- Estate Administration and Executry (Probate)
- Powers of Attorney
- Matrimonial law and Family Law
- Conveyancing, Estate Agency
As we are not far from the University of Glasgow, we notarise a lot of documents for students such as degrees, certificates, passports, GMC documents, transcripts, SQA, diplomas, awards, Association of British language Schools etc.
We can provide a legalisation service and can arrange translation if necessary.
Click here for further information for the typical stages of a notarial transaction.